Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Their Love Story. 37 Years later...



On August 17, 1974 my mother and father stood before God, their family and friends and promised to love, honor and obey. They took those vows seriously. 37 years later they are no longer here with us, however, their legacy, their love story lives on. They left behind 3 sons and a daughter, all with families of their own. 8 (soon to be 9) grandchildren who loved and adored them. They live on through all of us, we are their story.


They never spent one of their 37 anniversaries apart. Even last year, when my mom had open house at THS, my dad sat in the back of her classroom, waiting to take his wife out to dinner. They loved and cared for each other more than their own selves. I am proud to be a part of their story, I am proud to be their daughter.


Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad. I know you are celebrating in a more beautiful place than I can imagine, and dancing to more beautiful music than I have ever heard. I love you both and miss you more than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment